Adventure Canada welcomed a group of past guests, local art gallery owners and others involved in the Inuit art scene to Vancouver’s famed Tojo’s Restaurant this past weekend for an information session about the company’s Heart of the Arctic voyage…
I’ve just wrapped up a couple of weeks providing regular news coverage for REW.ca to cover a staff vacation. Here’s what I got up to:
- Real Estate Transactions Increasing As Spring Approaches: BC Notaries
- Buildex Vancouver at The Vancouver Convention Centre This Week
- BC Housing Market To See Gains in 2015: Conference Board of Canada
- BC Residential Construction Up 11.3%: StatCan
- Axing BC Property Transfer Tax is Long-Term Plan: Premier
- Three Things to Plant in Your Garden This Weekend
- Retirement Savings Better Choice Than Paying Down Mortgage Debt: CIBC
- BC Designers Compete for Title of Western Canada’s Next Home Stylist
- BC Housing Starts to Fall 2.7% in 2015: BC Budget
- City of Vancouver Draft 2015 Budget Includes 2.4% Property Tax Increase
- BC Home Sales See Strongest January in Five Years: BCREA
- New Home Prices in Vancouver Drop for Second Consecutive Month: StatCan
REW.ca is the online arm of the largest real estate market newspaper in the Lower Mainland: Real Estate Weekly.
Transat Holidays welcomed 130 travel agents to the Coast Coal Harbour Hotel last night for its 2015 Europe Training Academy.
The big change for Transat’s Western Canadian offering this year are the new connector flights to Toronto. The weekly YVR-YYZ flight connects Vancouver passengers with Transat flights to four new destinations: Dublin, Rome, Venice, and Barcelona. It also increases the number of weekly flights available for Western Canadians flying to Paris, Glasgow, and Manchester…
On Feb. 13, Air Canada hosted 80 travel agency partners, media guests, and staff from its various divisions for dinner at Vancouver’s Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel to celebrate Chinese New Year.
Rocky Lo, Air Canada’s general manager of business development – Asia, who organized the event, told PAX the airline embraces the Chinese tradition of “getting the family together” once a year before the festival…
Velas Resorts hosted a private dinner in Vancouver last week for 32 journalists and travel advisors. From the first bite of molecular-gastronomic Basque-Mexican fusion cuisine to the last, one message was clear: Velas Resorts may be all-inclusive hotels, but they do not serve your typical all-inclusive food…
Classic Vacations welcomed hotelier and agency partners to an exclusive partner appreciation event last night at the historic Vancouver Club, where the company announced it has recently expanded its offerings through exciting new partnerships…
The University of British Columbia (UBC) neighbourhood includes eight distinct neighbourhoods: seven on the UBC campus (Hampton Place, East Campus, Hawthorn Place, Chancellor Place, Wesbrook Place, North Campus and University Boulevard) plus the University Endowment Lands.
The central feature of the area is, of course, the University of British Columbia Vancouver campus, with its almost 50,000 students…
(REW.ca is the online arm of the largest real estate market newspaper in the Lower Mainland: Real Estate Weekly.)
Sybil Verch is on a roll.
She was named the Business Person of the Year for 2014 by the Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce for her work in the community and with financial services company Raymond James. She’s become a familiar face as the finance mentor on the reality TV show The Hard Way, with plans for a second TV show in the works. She even won the Dancing with the Stars competition at last year’s Ageless Living Expo…