The Canadian and British Columbian Ministers of State for Small Business and Tourism held a joint press conference in Vancouver yesterday to announce that 2014 was a strong year for tourism, with year-over-year visitor increases both nationally and provincially.
“We are here today to tell Canadians what a great year 2014 was for the tourism industry,” said Maxime Bernier, Canada’s Minister of State for Small Business and Tourism…
With its unique combination of heritage brick buildings, modern boutiques and cocktail bars, cobblestone streets and sparkling waterfront, what’s not to love about this trendy enclave of downtown?
1. Walk to Work (and Everywhere Else)
Yaletown is home to many creative and high-tech enterprises, a good number of law and medical/dental offices, and plenty of shops and restaurants, meaning there are professional and service sector jobs right in the neighbourhood…
Last night, Air France continued the celebration of its inaugural flight from Paris to Vancouver by welcoming more than 200 guests – including a number of dignitaries and VIPs – to a cocktail party at the Vancouver Art Gallery.
Jean-Noël Rault, Vice-President and General Manager Canada, Air France KLM, served as the evening’s MC…
Adventure Canada welcomed a group of past guests, local art gallery owners and others involved in the Inuit art scene to Vancouver’s famed Tojo’s Restaurant this past weekend for an information session about the company’s Heart of the Arctic voyage…
I’ve just wrapped up a couple of weeks providing regular news coverage for REW.ca to cover a staff vacation. Here’s what I got up to:
- Real Estate Transactions Increasing As Spring Approaches: BC Notaries
- Buildex Vancouver at The Vancouver Convention Centre This Week
- BC Housing Market To See Gains in 2015: Conference Board of Canada
- BC Residential Construction Up 11.3%: StatCan
- Axing BC Property Transfer Tax is Long-Term Plan: Premier
- Three Things to Plant in Your Garden This Weekend
- Retirement Savings Better Choice Than Paying Down Mortgage Debt: CIBC
- BC Designers Compete for Title of Western Canada’s Next Home Stylist
- BC Housing Starts to Fall 2.7% in 2015: BC Budget
- City of Vancouver Draft 2015 Budget Includes 2.4% Property Tax Increase
- BC Home Sales See Strongest January in Five Years: BCREA
- New Home Prices in Vancouver Drop for Second Consecutive Month: StatCan
REW.ca is the online arm of the largest real estate market newspaper in the Lower Mainland: Real Estate Weekly.
Transat Holidays welcomed 130 travel agents to the Coast Coal Harbour Hotel last night for its 2015 Europe Training Academy.
The big change for Transat’s Western Canadian offering this year are the new connector flights to Toronto. The weekly YVR-YYZ flight connects Vancouver passengers with Transat flights to four new destinations: Dublin, Rome, Venice, and Barcelona. It also increases the number of weekly flights available for Western Canadians flying to Paris, Glasgow, and Manchester…
On Feb. 13, Air Canada hosted 80 travel agency partners, media guests, and staff from its various divisions for dinner at Vancouver’s Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel to celebrate Chinese New Year.
Rocky Lo, Air Canada’s general manager of business development – Asia, who organized the event, told PAX the airline embraces the Chinese tradition of “getting the family together” once a year before the festival…
Velas Resorts hosted a private dinner in Vancouver last week for 32 journalists and travel advisors. From the first bite of molecular-gastronomic Basque-Mexican fusion cuisine to the last, one message was clear: Velas Resorts may be all-inclusive hotels, but they do not serve your typical all-inclusive food…